The Monastery of Panagia Emialon

Posted · Add Comment

The monastery of Panagia Emialon is located 2,5km southeast of Dimitsana and was founded in 1608. At first, it was built inside the rock, where only some ruins from the first cells are preserved. Although its physiognomy has altered through the centuries, the authentic mural – a specimen of the Cretan School – and the fretwork chancel screen of the sanctum are also preserved. It is one more monastery that participated in the revolution against the Turks. –

Source and Copyright © wondergreece.gr